[ODE] Meshes, index and vertex and normal

Vrej Melkonian vmelkon at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 07:26:47 MST 2006

Hi,

The indices for the meshes should always be 32 bit
unsigned? Look at the function
dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle

I store my indices as unsigned short because that's
what graphics cards prefer. I temporarily put in code
that allocates an array for 32 bit indices and copies
indices, but I prefer not to waste RAM.

Also dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle doesn't take normals.
Should I use another one that takes normals? Perhaps
ODE needs them.

What did you guys decide on in your projects?