[ODE] Finally Trimesh-Trimesh collision works!!

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 26 06:21:38 MST 2006

> I haven't had a chance to look at GIMPACT yet,

If i'm looking at the demo application correctly - it certainly
demonstrates that trimesh / trimesh and trimesh / etc.  both work
well.

I'd love to switch this into my own engine to see what it's like...
eagerly looking forward to future developments on this.

> Is it compatible with the current OPCODE API? Meaning, is it possible
> to switch out OPCODE with no changes to the client application? If so,
> I'd suggest using `--with-opcode`, `--with-gimpact`, and
> `--disable-trimesh`. If you don't specify a trimesh engine, you get
> whichever one we think is best (so newbies don't have to try to figure
> it out). I'm really looking forward to checking this out!

I agree, the idea we can throw out the entirety of one collision lib
for another if need be is good.

Thanks Fransisco

Can I ask, licensing issues aside - what's the catch? :-)

Regards,
Dave