[ODE] OS X binary deployment

Hampus Soderstrom hampus at sxp.se
Thu Oct 19 19:09:50 MST 2006

Hi,

Make a static universal binary lib and link against that.

Perhaps you know, but here is how to create a universal binary lib
out of libode.

This is from my Makefile:

libode.a : libode_i386.a libode_ppc.a
         lipo -create $^ -output $@

The file should look like this when you are done.

hampa$ file libode.a
libode.a: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures
libode.a (for architecture i386):       current ar archive random
library
libode.a (for architecture ppc):        current ar archive

Then when you build your application use -lode as usual.

For plattform independent compilation just put libode.a in different
directories within your build enviroment and use -L to point to them.

Then compile with -L ../lib/osx, -L ../lib/linux etc.

regards
Hampa
Toribash.com