[ODE] Have LCP throw exceptions?

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Sat Oct 7 22:26:27 MST 2006

Exceptions have two problems:

1) They don't work in C.
2) They have a non-zero cost, even when not thrown, in Microsoft Visual C++.

I remember back in the days when we implemented zero-overhead exceptions
in CodeWarrior, but apparently Microsoft didn't want to go that route :-(

An alternative would be to let the user register an "exception handler"
function pointer which we call in these cases, and the user can do
whatever he/she wants. Meanwhile, the default would probably call abort().

Cheers,

          / h+