[ODE] Fwd: [ opende-Bugs-1572419 ] ode-config --cflags : wrong path

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Sat Oct 7 10:10:04 MST 2006

Rodrigo Hernandez wrote:
> I think the correct way would be the way SDL does it, that is #include
> "ode.h"
> and have -Iinclude/ode on the command line, using <> should be for
> system libraries, and
> keeping the /ode path out of the include allows you to place the headers
> on a different path.

I think that will not work.

Take e.g. ode/config.h

Include it as "config.h" and you have absolutely no idea which config.h
you'll be getting. Most application authors would probably expect including
their own config.h, and not ODE's.

Also, dropping the ode/ prefix will not work, as all ODE's includes
use the ode/ prefix as well (as they should be using).

So I'm still convinced that ode/ode.h is the way to include.

   Bram