[ODE] GIMPACT on amd64?

Filip Joelsson filip at blueturtle.nu
Tue Nov 28 18:50:00 MST 2006

Hi!

I'm trying out opende, and I get stuck on every test case that includes
a 3d-mesh. As soon as a 3d-mesh is processed by QuickStep I get a
segfault in the COMPUTEAABB_FOR_TRIANGLE macro (defined in
gim_geometry.h) as called from gim_trimesh_update_aabbset
(gim_trimesh.cpp).
Stepping through the code with gdb yields two potential error sources:
There is a triangle_indices variable which is a (long unsigned int*),
and gdb claims that the value of a vertex ptr (v3) has been optimized
out.

Has anyone gotten GIMPACT to work with amd64? Or is it that I use
gcc-4.1.1 - and it is overdoing the optimization? I don't have any
special CFLAGS set, and I compile with debug enabled. The version is
current svn.

Cheers!
/Filip

PS First post! ;)