[ODE] General lack of understanding

mal content artifact.one at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 16 14:24:02 MST 2006

On 16/11/06, Christoph Beyer <boernerb at web.de> wrote:
> could you please send me, or upload some screeshots,
> because i don't realy understand your problem, your box behaviour.
>
> i found this line in your code:
> contact[ind].surface.mu = dInfinity;
> this friction is very high, try  some other values like 1000, 100, 10 or
> some others...
> perhaps, this helps.
>

> christoph

Hi.

The box drops:

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/8697/boxtopfs0.png
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/4898/boxstopso2.png

I slowed the simulation down a bit to get screenshots, and this affected
the way the small box penetrates the large box. Often, the small box will
penetrate into the large box as much as half the small box's height.

I see what you mean about the friction. As I said, I just based the code
on test_boxstack. I'll try some smaller values to see if it makes any
difference.

thanks,
MC