[ODE] GIMPACT with doubles

Pierre Terdiman pierre.terdiman at novodex.com
Sun Nov 5 11:05:21 MST 2006

?

I don't see why the "all doubles" version is better for this. As far as I
can see using 3 doubles for the world position and keeping all vertices in
floats (*relative to the mesh position in doubles*) is just as accurate.

It's likely that the meshes are authored (and exported) using floats, so
converting them to doubles doesn't buy you more accuracy. It just adds
noise...

- Pierre