[ODE] GIMPACT with doubles

Francisco Leon projectileman at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 4 07:02:46 MST 2006

Hi.

For ending this discussion, I must clarify that
GIMPACT doesn't support Doubles, it isn't designed for
64bit enviroments. It uses low level routines for fast
floating point calculations which are nested to 32bit
accuracy.

However, in this case I suggest you to try the Opcode
fix:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1586733&group_id=24884&atid=382801

Now it works as good as GIMPACT: actually finds
triangle contacts properly.

I think that this Opcode trimesh code supports double
presicion. I hope that this code will be useful in
your projects.

Please send the feedbacks about the OPCODE fix.

Att: Francisco Leon

"Technocracy Rules with Supremacy"
Visit http://gimpact.sourceforge.net