[ODE] Fwd: [ opende-Patches-1589445 ] Update vs2003 solution to add gimpact

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 3 07:47:44 MST 2006

Hi, I did get link errors once - when switching from GIMPACT back to
OPCODE, but after a full rebuild that went away - perhaps a complete
tear down and rebuild would do the trick?  also, I've not tried with
VS2005 - just VS2003...

Also, while I'm writing a mail, I just wanted to say that for
"test_moving_trimesh" at least, GIMPACT works really well - the third
bunny correctly settles on the backs of the first two whereas in
opcode the simulation explodes after time and pops the bunny onto the
floor! that's your best way to determine what engine you're using!

GIMPACT is looking _very_ promising and I'm looking forward to trying
it in my own engine once this project issue has settled down - that'll
obviously be the acid test for anyone using it!

There is a patch submitted by Francisco to make OPCODE trimesh -
trimesh collision detection better, when I get some more time I'll
have a look and see if that will be a worthwhile ... it's a pretty
radical rewrite of the file though so it's hard to see what has
changed without studying how the trimesh - trimesh code works for a
while.

Regards,
Dave.