[ODE] linux amd64 compile error - 0.6-rc1

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Thu May 25 01:22:41 MST 2006

Chris M. wrote:
> Hello, I just downloaded the 0.6-rc1 to give it a test of my gentoo linux
> athlon64 box.
> Im getting some compilation errors.  I'm wasn't sure where to file a bug
> report, hopefully this is fine.

This is the perfect place, we need to iron out matters like these for
0.6, just here.

> timer.cpp: In function `void dStopwatchStart(dStopwatch*)':
> timer.cpp:139: error: invalid `asm': operand number missing after %-letter
> timer.cpp:139: error: invalid `asm': operand number missing after %-letter

The x64 code looks suspect to me:
   asm volatile (
         "mov $0,%%rax\n"
         "push %rbx\n"
         "cpuid\n"
         "pop %rbx\n"
         : : : "%rax","%rcx","%rdx","cc","memory");

Why is rbx prefixed with one % char, and rax with two?

Could you please try adding a '%' to the push and to the pop command?

Thanks you for testing,

    Bram