[ODE] problems with trimesh and capsules

Paul MacKenzie paul.mackenzie at simlog.com
Mon May 22 07:36:37 MST 2006

Hi Jaroslav,

> But the thing is that gLocalContacts *get allocated each time*
> dCollideCCTL() is called with no test for NULL value. So assigning NULL
> at exit should make no difference.

It is possible that I do not have the most recent version of ODE from
SVN.  I'll check that.

If indeed there is no test for NULL before allocating gLocalContacts,
then you are correct, assigning NULL at exit should not make a
difference.  The ODE code I am using has the test for NULL at the
allocation point, and if it has been removed since I last updated my ODE
source code, then I have an old problem.  Perhaps I should just remove
that instead and forget about the NULL on exit.

I'll give that a try.

Cheers,
Paul