[ODE] 0.6 Release

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Wed May 17 23:53:22 MST 2006

Rodrigo Hernandez wrote:

> I think it is (if it fixed the problem), you shouldn't expect a naked
> configure to fit all cases, what if I say that I dont care for Opcode
> and when building
> for MinGW I much rather have the files installed on /MinGW rather than
> /usr/local, and that I dont find the fact that I have to use
> --disable-opcode and --prefix=/MinGW an acceptable solution.

This is a very bad comparision.

If configure.in is not able to find out how to use X11 on a
standard install, with a standard X11R6 location, then
configure.in is bugged.

> There is no silver bullet.

configure does not have to read my mind wether I want
to use opcode or not.

However, configure does have come up with the proper
link flags for X11 when a standard IRIX system is presented
to configure.

> Ok, I added the check, it should work now.

It does.

Thank you.