[ODE] 0.6 Release

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Wed May 17 14:36:23 MST 2006

Bram Stolk wrote:

> Rodrigo Hernandez wrote:
>

>> Have you tried using the configure options:
>>
>>  --x-includes=DIR    X include files are in DIR
>>  --x-libraries=DIR   X library files are in DIR
>

> I did not use those options.
> If I do use them: no difference.
>
> But even if they would have worked... this would not be
> an acceptable solution.

I think it is (if it fixed the problem), you shouldn't expect a naked
configure to fit all cases, what if I say that I dont care for Opcode
and when building
for MinGW I much rather have the files installed on /MinGW rather than
/usr/local, and that I dont find the fact that I have to use
--disable-opcode and --prefix=/MinGW an acceptable solution.

There is no silver bullet.

> AC_PATH_X and AC_PATH_XTRA take care of finding the
> paths to everything, but it is still the responsibility
> of the configure.in author to actually specify -lX11
>
> It is not a path thing... it is a matter of simply not
> putting X11 on the cmd line (Xmu and Xi are present,
> X11 is not)

Ok, I added the check, it should work now.

Cheers!