[ODE] VC++ 2005 - ODE

Jean-Sebastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Tue May 9 07:17:06 MST 2006

Hello Olex,

> > ODE 0.5 does not work well with VC++ .NET 2005 at all... You're better off
> > getting the version from SVN and trying that. There are project files
already
> > set up for 2005 that will compile out of the box.
>
> I have ODE 0.5 working fine with VC2005. It runs fine as well.

Sorry, "does not work well" was probably a bad choice of words. All I meant was
that the project files for building 0.5 from source needed a bit of coaxing to
get them to work with 2005, and that it would be easier to go with the the
latest version in SVN since then the project files work out of the box.

And they would pick up the latest changes as well, since 0.5 is almost 2 years
old...

P.S. All this time I was talking about building from source. Of course, if you
just want the binaries, then it's really easy to integrate them into any
project, but you miss out on a lot of the latest changes if you go with 0.5
binaries... Until there's a 0.6 binary release :-)

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org