[ODE] Still Spheres Vs Trimesh at Triangle Edges

Jaroslav Sinecky sinecky at telefonica.net
Mon May 1 23:31:16 MST 2006

Well, I think I recognized that I also get little "jumps" when rolling
over edges but it's small enough and hidden by contact "softness" (CFM)
not to have really noticeable effect on handling.
I prefer to disable MERGECONTACTS because it's better for non-standard
situations like sphere rolling over ground and at the same time touching
a wall.

In my opinion the reason for this "jumps" is that you get doubled
contacts when you're over the edge - one from each triangle, so one
possible solution would be some kind of contact postprocessing.

Another options are
- try to play with CFM/ERP to make the jumps less noticeable
- wait for someone to implement trimesh preprocessing for trimesh-sphere

Really no more ideas :(

Cheers,
Jaroslav