[ODE] ODE v1.0?

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 31 18:26:34 MST 2006

J. Perkins wrote:
> While I've got folks discussing things...what do you think ODE needs
> before it could be considered 1.0? Code, documentation, website,
> community stuff, whatever. Send your thoughts to the list and I will
> organize them and put it all out on the wiki.
>
> Jason

Hi,
Apart from the trimesh issue I mentioned on another post, I would think
that 1.0 would be when all the contribs have been merged into the
library (cone, cylinder, terrains), and with a working geom-geom
collision for all types.  Not sure who would be able to do this, but
given how long ODE has been at a stable 0.5, I don't see much point
suddenly calling it 1.0 unless it marks some "base feature complete"
stage.  Plus, digging old contribs out is a pain, and it would be nice
to leave it behind.

Convex hull is a great idea, and I'm thrilled that somebody has at least
started it.  It really opens the door up to interesting dynamic objects
that can collide against a trimesh world, without needing a to rely on
the trimesh-trimesh detection.  However it wouldn't be ready as a "1.0
release" until collision code has been implemented against all the other
types, which is even more work.

Geoff