[ODE] ODE v1.0?

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Mar 31 14:17:19 MST 2006

Alessandro La Vekkia Damiani wrote:

>>While I've got folks discussing things...what do you think ODE needs
>>before it could be considered 1.0? Code, documentation, website,

> Efficient trimesh trimesh collision

Given that a number of physics packages have been charging a LOT of
money for years without efficient trimesh/trimesh collisions, I don't
think that should gate releasing 1.0 of ODE.

> stable and reliable data file format (with load and save func)

I disagree that it should even be part of the core ODE API. I don't
think it should -- it's a perfect thing to put in a supporting library
of some sort.

> plug ins and tools to generate data files

Perfect for separate projects and libraries.

> documentation for anything above
> doxygen docs for interface funcs

Agree with both of these.

Cheers,