[ODE] Trimesh vs Convex Hull

Andy O'Neil aoneil at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 31 09:11:51 MST 2006

Hi,

There already is Bullet support in ODE in the main (old) branch, Erwin
Coumans added it quite a while ago, but it never made it over to any other
branches.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/opende/ode/ode/src/

I've used ODE with Bullet and I can confirm that it works. I ran into a
couple of issues, such as the collision pair cache being a static global in
the BulletODECollide lib. If you link this against the ODE .dll, then link
it as a lib against your project, you'll get some issues when invalidating
Bullet geoms. I dealt with this by building Bullet / BulletODECollide / ODE
all as libraries.

Also, I believe that Bullet is more focused on techniques than performance,
so that might be an issue for some users. Things might have changed recently
on this front however, so take that statement with a pinch of salt.

Andy