[ODE] Trimesh vs Convex Hull

Mohsin Hasan mohsin.hasan at trivor.com
Fri Mar 31 04:27:03 MST 2006

I'm not sure if this has been discussed earlier but wouldn't it be great if
ODE natively supported a ConvexHull primitive. It would give better
collision representation of a mesh compared to simple primitives besides
being more efficient and accurate in terms of detecting collision compared
to Trimesh. Does anyone else also think that they are more important than
Trimesh/Trimesh.

If supporting ConvexHull is not possible for whatever reason, is it possible
to do something similar using Trimesh? I mean if we can generate a convex
hull of our geometry through whatever way and pass it as Trimesh to ODE, is
Trimesh-Trimesh collisions for convex hull meshes accurate?

Mohsin

------

See tech demos of our engine supporting ODE based Physics at
http://www.itrango.com/demo.html