[ODE] mass inertia matrix problem in VC6

yyd_iris@yahoo.com yyd_iris at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 18:03:15 MST 2006

Hi,

I found a wierd problem about ODE mass function in
VC6.

The following line of code runs smoothly on linux, but
not windows:

dMassSetParameters (&m,8.3936,
0.0003506,0.1326795,0.0006286,
95157.4294e-6,92032.3524e-6,59290.5997e-6,
246.1404e-6,-95.0183e-6,-962.6725e-6);

Somehow I traced down to the error message:
"center of mass inconsistent with mass parameters"

I am using VC++6 on WINXP SP+2.
I have updated the packs for VC.

-----------------------------------

To do some further tests, I also run the test_ode.cpp
provided in the ODE source code. Here are output of
the testMassFunctions():

passed<1>
passed<2>
passed<3>
passed<4>
FAILED<5>
passed<6>
passed<7>
passed<8>

Could anybody please gives some hints about the
problem?

Thank you very much.

Vivid