[ODE] ODE Documentation

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 07:25:20 MST 2006

I'd like to start working on updating the install/build portion of the
ODE documentation. I wanted to get some feedback on what people
thought of the current single-page HTML format for the documentation.
Would it be better to move the documentation to the wiki? Or perhaps
something more like php.net, where topics are broken out to separate
pages and people can leave comments?

The single-page HTML has the advantage of being easy to ship with the
software, but obviously it falls out of date very easily. The
wiki...well, the ODE wiki is just very ugly  but it seems to work. The
php.net solution is most complicated (I'd probably install Drupal on
opende.sf.net - see http://www.drupal.org/) but having the ability to
answer FAQs right inline with the relevant documentation is a sweet
feature.

I'm looking for input, let me know what you think and I'll try to get it done.

Jason

(One of these days I do have to get to my own work)