[ODE] Havok and NVIDIA present Havok FX at GDC 2006

Mohsin Hasan mohsin.hasan at trivor.com
Tue Mar 28 07:03:10 MST 2006

I don't believe PS3 specs mention PhysX hardware. Correct me if I'm wrong
but I think they just support the SDK through one of their own SPE or
something.

Also, I believe GPU physics will be good for effects only. It won't be able
to do high scale fluids/joints/collision calculations. This is where PhysX
seems to have an edge. But nonetheless even if GPUs can accelerate effect
physics, that can be a good start. It won't make much of a sense for single
GPU machines but it would just make the crossfire and SLI more worthwhile
and mainstream.

Mohsin

  _____