[ODE] Havok and NVIDIA present Havok FX at GDC 2006

steve1011 steve1011 at att.net
Tue Mar 28 06:17:26 MST 2006

He's talking about Ageia's PhysX processor. They are releasing their
libraries to developers. The physics library will s/w emulate if the h/w
processor isn't installed. Sony PS3 dev kit includes these libraries and
supports the PhysX hardware. ASUS is the primary vendor of PCI PhysX
add-on cards. I couldn't find the pricing info this morning but I
remember seeing it would be something like $200. ASUS also intends to
offer motherboards with the PhysX processor embedded.

I believe nVidia and ATI are responding to Ageia's h/w by showing how
physics can be accelerated using GPU's.

Steve