[ODE] compile error

c2sode@gmail.com c2sode at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 01:36:37 MST 2006

Hi all,

I have some compile errors in my program like:

 error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'const double *' to
'const dReal *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
 error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'const dReal *' to 'const
double *'
 error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'dMatrix3' to 'const double *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

For example the first error comes from:
const dReal *pos = getGeomPosition (geomID); //

The second:
const double* CarPhysics::getGeomRotation(dGeomID geom)
{
    const dReal *R    = dGeomGetRotation (geom);
    if (dGeomGetClass(geom) != dGeomTransformClass)
        return R;
}

Aren't these abnormal errors? When this code is compiled on another machine,
it gives no error. But it gives these compile errors in my machine. Do you
have any idea, why these errors occur? Is there the possibility that
ode-0.5in my machine is  not installed properly? Or is there something
missing?
I'm waiting for your help...

Thanks.