[ODE] New Visual Studio project files now in Trunk

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 13:16:35 MST 2006

On 3/24/06, Jean-Sebastien Guay <jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca> wrote:
> - Some tests in test_joints fail
> - test_collision pops up a "bad" messagebox and then crashes
> - I get a crash in test_crash too (ironic?) in dWorldQuickStep
> - In test_trimesh, the trimeshes collide well between them but fall straight
>   through the floor while primitives collide with the trimeshes and the floor.
> - test_ode displays a few failed tests too and then crashes at dTestSolveLCP
>   after this message "ODE INTERNAL ERROR 0 - A*x = b+w, maximum difference =
>   3.433228e-005"

These tests fail for me too, but it is not because of my new project
files. I also test them with the autotools build, and also the old
makefile/configurator setup, and they fail in all cases. So these
appear to be real bugs in the code that we will need to sort out.

The crash in test_crash (heh, that's funny) is a stack overflow, so it
may just be that it is running into the VC++ stack size limitation. It
works fine when built with gcc. The others are fail under GCC too and
will take more work to figure out.

I could really use some help with this; physics and math are not my
strong suit and I don't pretend to understand how ODE works under the
hood. That's why I'm so keen on using it in the first place!

Jason