[ODE] New Visual Studio project files now in Trunk

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 12:32:23 MST 2006

I was able to test the new_build branch in Linux last night, and I
also received word from a couple of other people (thanks everyone)
that the autotools makefiles can handle the ODE_API symbol. With that
confirmation that I won't break everyone, I have merged the new build
system and headers into the trunk.

A caveat: I had to make some changes to Premake which haven't found
their way into an official release yet. Until that happens you won't
be able to generate custom project files. However, there should be
little need, as you can adjust features by editing the supplied
config.h.

Before you can use these new project files, you must copy
config-default.h to your include/ode directory. When you generate your
own project files with Premake, and when we make a source code release
package, this will be done automatically.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments, especially if it
gives you trouble. Once things have had a chance to settle down I will
remove the old Visual Studio files.

Thanks,
Jason