[ODE] ODE culling

Jean de Largentaye jlargentaye at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 07:33:53 MST 2006

I guess you're talking about collision detection here, not dynamics
(how objects move according to the forces that are applied to them).
The collision objects are called "Geoms" in ODE, these are placed
inside one or more "Spaces". You can organize your Geoms to be in
different spaces, then either call dSpaceCollide to test if any Geoms
in a given space collide with each other, and dSpaceCollide2 to test
if geoms from any 2 spaces collide with those of the other space.
This would implement your culling.

You can start checking out section 10.3 in the ODE Doc:
http://www.ode.org/ode-latest-userguide.html#sec_10_3_0
and the following sections. It'll take you 10 minutes and explains it
much better than I could :)

John