[ODE] Objects disappear when collide

Gussimulator gussimulator at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Mar 19 04:14:57 MST 2006

Hi, I dont know why my objects disappear when they collide with the ground.
however when I set MU to dInfinity this doesnt happen anymore but well, the objects never stop sliding..
What can I do? I want to have my objects react realisticaly with the ground. In real world they would stop pretty fast, no slide. Even on oiled polished steel they would eventually stop or not?!.. Theres always some friction going on.

I just cant figure this out.
Another thing I noticed.. If I set dWorldSetERP to 1.0 everything freaks out in the simulation.. If I set it to something really low, like 0.0000001 nothing freaks out.  Whats going on?!?!

I copyed the collision callback from the boxstack demo from the ODE source.. hm seems to not be working-  by the way im not using C nor the lib directly, so this might be the issue since im calling everything from the dll by myself.

Another thing: im not setting any mass- does ode automatically set a default mass in that case? might this be the problem with my objects freaking out?

Any help will be appreciated a ton and a gram.