[ODE] terrain & cone install

rod kay rodkay at mullum.com.au
Sat Mar 18 18:29:09 MST 2006

Hi folks,

   Great to see the recent improvements to ode & the move to svn.

   I just checked out opende from svn repos, and in the process of
installing the contrib cone/terrain code, i hit a few (3) minor snags
(on Linux).

   Snags were ...

   (1)
   In the relevant .cpp files, i had to comment out:

 #include "windows.h"
 #include "ode\ode.h"

   (2)
   The placement of the extra setCollider functions in

           ode\src\collision_kernel.cpp: static void initColliders()

   is no longer at line 137, but rather at line 168.

   (3)
   And finally, relevant .cpp files need to be added to libode_a_SOURCES
variable in the ode/src/Makefile.am file.

   I've attached a slightly modified contrib/TerrainAndCone/readme.txt
which gives a little additional install advice, for Linux platform,
regarding the snags. Hope it helps.

   Also, is there any reason not to merge cone/terrain into main ode
source permanently ?

regards,

Rod.

ps   ccylinder => capsule rename sounds good :)