[ODE] SPRING

hamstah hamstah at free.fr
Fri Mar 17 06:16:55 MST 2006

LR wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use suspension in a hinge2 from spring constants that
> configure ERP and CFM. I'm using the documentation formula:
>
> ERP = h k_p / (h k_p + k_d )
> CFM = 1 / (h k_p + k_d )
>
> and my bodys jump .....
>
> if i modify with :
>
> ERP = h k_p / (h  *(*  k_p + k_d   *)*  )
>
> it feel really better. Is it a documentation error ? or does i have
> another problem ?
>
> if i do the same modification with CFM =  1 / (h ( k_p + k_d ) ) my
> bodys jumps again ...
>

> Laurent

Hi, If i look at your formula:

ERP = h k_p / (h  *(*  k_p + k_d   *)*  )
I can say that its equal to ERP = k_p / *(*  k_p + k_d   *)

and this equation doesnt take 'h' as parameter...
So I think your equation isnt correct.
Now I dont have the time to look on it, but perhaps somebody can help
you with it...
see you

*