[ODE] Moving to Subversion

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 10:58:14 MST 2006

I got a fair amount of feedback on my suggestion of moving ODE to
Subversion, all of it positive, so I am going to go ahead and get it
done. After reading through the SF.net documentation and looking
through the repository, it looks like a straightforward import
operation. It will take somewhere between 2-24 hours depending on how
many other projects are queued up ahead of us. When it finishes,
Subversion will contain an exact replica of the current CVS structure,
including the HEAD and UNSTABLE branches. After the import I will
archive the old HEAD branch, move UNSTABLE to the trunk, and turn on
commit notification emails to the list.

The CVS repository will still exist, but I will try to go through the
documentation and switch over all references I can find.

The instructions for accessing the new ODE Subversion repository are here:

  http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=24884

Any objections, speak now! I will start the migration around 2pm EST (5pm UTC).

Jason