[ODE] Autotools support

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Thu Mar 16 06:31:04 MST 2006

J. Perkins wrote:
> On 3/15/06, Rodrigo Hernandez <kwizatz at aeongames.com> wrote:
>
>>Thats not quite correct, autotools default configuration generates both
>>a static and a dll, by default,
>>programs would get linked to the static one, but IIRC the option to link
>>against the dll is on the ode-config
>>script (if you want to link against the static do -lode as usual, if you
>>want shared do -lode.so or -lode.dll as apropiate).
>

> Okay, I get it. Thanks for the explanation. Does it also include
> trimesh support by default? I saw the `--enable-trimesh` flag and
> assumed that it does not. At this point, I think trimeshes (and
> cylinders for that matter) are stable enough to be included.

Default behaviour in autotools is now that trimesh and cyl are
enabled, unless --without is specified.

> Jason

Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."