[ODE] Autotools support

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Mar 15 13:42:23 MST 2006

J. Perkins wrote:

>   #if defined(WIN32)
>     #if defined(ODE_BUILDING_DLL)
>       #define ODE_API __declspec(dllexport)
>     #else
>       #define ODE_API __declspec(dllimport)
>     #endif
>   #else
>     #define ODE_API
>   #endif

This is standard for all software that supports Windows well. I think
ODE wants to support Windows well.

> this should be the default for any ODE build scripts. Currently, it
> looks like ./configure uses single-precision, but builds as a static
> library and leaves out the trimesh support. Should we change that?

Yes, a default of single, trimesh, DLL would be useful. Make sure you
set it to generate pdb files for both debug and release builds, though.
And it'd be very useful if the debug ODE DLL was called ODEd.dll, and
the release was just called ODE.dll, so they can live in the same folder.

Cheers,

			/ h+