[ODE] New release?

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 06:50:56 MST 2006

On 3/14/06, Geoff Carlton <gcarlton at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> If there are a lack of active owners, the STABLE branch may well become
> fallow again.  I believe its possible to make a tag/branch, where we can
> split off UNSTABLE at a given point in time, make sure it is stable, and
> then package that up.

I do this for my own project. I think it is a pretty standard
approach, and I think it is the right approach. I will coordinate
things and get this done. But I don't like working with branches in
CVS, when they are so much easier in Subversion. SO...

Are there any objections to importing the UNSTABLE branch of CVS into
Subversion? I find Subversion much easier to use, particularly when it
comes to branching and tagging. It allows versioning of the entire
directory structure, not just individual files. And a big one for me:
it is accessible over HTTP, which means I can get at the repository
from behind a firewall.

The ideas is to import UNSTABLE, then turn off CVS and work from
Subversion. I will create an branch for the next release (0.6?), and
only accept bug fixes into the branch while I work on finishing up the
new Visual Studio project files and release scripts. Open development
can continue on the trunk.

Thoughts?

Jason