[ODE] New release?

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 10:44:23 MST 2006

On 3/14/06, Bram Stolk <bram at sara.nl> wrote:
> Let's do another UNSTABLE snapshot, then.
> I'll try to do a sweep over the 26 active patches.

I think the snapshots are a great help. I need to get them included in
the documentation so people know where to find them.

> E.g. the trimesh-trimesh normal reversal came up today on the list.
> Do we put that one in? It is pending on feedback. We could simply
> apply all, even if not 100% certain, and see what breaks. That's
> what unstable is for, anyway, right?

I agree in theory. I don't know how many people are actually building
against unstable (I am, but I not using trimeshes currently), so we
might not get any problem reports. I had planned to create unit tests
for each issue in the tracker, but obviously that isn't happening fast
enough. If you can give me 24 hours I will see if I can free up enough
time to write a test. Otherwise, just put it in.

> What will we do with SF patch database? Once fixed I leave them
> open, in case someone wants to fix the main branch. Shall I close them
> instead, for a clearer view on patches?

This is a good question. I had been setting the "group" to "In
UNSTABLE" and leaving them open, but it seems to me that the stable
branch is all but dead. I asked a few weeks ago, and there is no one
on the list who can commit to stable. I think at this point it may be
up to us to decide!

Jason