[ODE] New release?

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Tue Mar 14 09:57:27 MST 2006

J. Perkins wrote:
> On 3/13/06, Morgan McGuire <morgan3d at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there any new release date scheduled?
>

> No, although I would like to get there eventually, for the same
> reasons as yourself.
>

>>Will UNSTABLE become the main branch?
>

> I think this has already happened.
>

>> Does anyone own the manual?
>

> No. I did get Russ to send his publishing script to the list though,
> and I think he might have also switching the nightly update of the
> documentation on the website to point to UNSTABLE.
>
> I think regular releases of ODE, both source and binaries, would be
> great. I know it would help my project out a lot. Over the last few
> months, I got the patches organized and Bram has been doing a great
> job of getting code into CVS. I started organizing the documentation
> on the wiki, and also working on new Visual Studio build files. If you
> want to see a new release, please jump in and give us a hand!

Let's do another UNSTABLE snapshot, then.
I'll try to do a sweep over the 26 active patches.

E.g. the trimesh-trimesh normal reversal came up today on the list.
Do we put that one in? It is pending on feedback. We could simply
apply all, even if not 100% certain, and see what breaks. That's
what unstable is for, anyway, right?

What will we do with SF patch database? Once fixed I leave them
open, in case someone wants to fix the main branch. Shall I close them
instead, for a clearer view on patches?

  Bram

> Jason

Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."