[ODE] Trimesh-sphere collision detection debugging

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 08:33:18 MST 2006

On 3/12/06, Jean-Sebastien Guay <jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca> wrote:
> I'm trying to debug my collision detection. I've wrapped ODE's physics
> functionality in my application's object classes using spheres to start, and a
> trimesh for the terrain, and I'm getting a collision right at the start of the
> program when I know there shouldn't be.

What do you mean by "getting a collision"? How are you testing? The
near callback will be called if the objects are simply near each
other. At that point you get to decide whether you want to do the
exact test (by calling dCollide) or not. If you have a large terrain,
the sphere may indeed fall within its bounding box and trigger the
callback.

Hope this helps,
Jason