[ODE] Runge-Kutta, Euler

Josef joseffojdl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 14:53:38 MST 2006

Hi all,
i'am writing my master thesis about solving ordinary differential
equatations and i think physical engines would be a good example to compare
the speed and the accurateness of the methods. But i have some questions and
didn't find anything on the internet. I thought maybe someone here can help
me.

- Which methods are generally used in modern phsyic engines (Runge Kutta
etc.)?
- Is the integration generally a bigger or a smaller problem compared to
others ?
- Are methods like Runge Kutta, Euler and others good enough or is there a
need for new faster ones, or rather more accurate ones?

I would be thankful for any answer.

With best regards

Josef Fojdl

p.s: sorry for the horrible english.