[ODE] get triangle index of a trimesh

vicente conejeros vicenteconejeros at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 10 12:05:05 MST 2006

thanks :D
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jaroslav Sinecky
  To: adastra at inorbit.com ; vicente conejeros
  Cc: ODE mailing_list
  Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 10:21 AM
  Subject: RE: [ODE] get triangle index of a trimesh

  So here goes the patch, maybe someone finds it useful or you can include it in unstable. It's pretty simple: after dCollide returns, call

  int triIndex = dGeomTriMeshGetTouchedTriangle(g1, contactIndex);

  where contactIndex is the index in the list of returned contacts and g1 is the Trimesh geom involved in the collision.

  disclaimer:
  - Not implemented for ray or plane colliding with trimesh. Suppose should be similarily easy to implement though.
  - There is static buffer (64) to hold indexes. I believe if this overflows, it shouldn't crash, just some asserts will come out.
  - It's not completely robust, for example if you send contactIndex not consistent with immediately preceding dCollide call, result is undefined

  Performance impact should be negligible though.

  Cheers,
  Jaroslav