[ODE] get triangle index of a trimesh

Jaroslav Sinecky sinecky at telefonica.net
Thu Mar 9 06:42:50 MST 2006

 AFAIK there is no way to do this in ODE as it is. But it's not very
difficult to look at the code and add such a feature yourself. I did it for
me, I could maybe send it as a patch. I'm just not sure if it's "nice"
enough to be published. I'll check.

Basicaly it's something like
1. find the place in trimesh collision routeen where contact is found
2. add code to this place that will remember somewhere index of triangle
that is touched
3. pick up this index in your collision callback after the dCollide call

Cheers,
Jaroslav