[ODE] adding force to an auto-disabled body

rod kay rodkay at mullum.com.au
Thu Mar 2 19:59:25 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 22:38 -0800, Erin Catto wrote:
> Suppose you press a box up against a wall. Shouldn't it be allowed to go to
> sleep?
>
> Erin

   Perhaps in some cases, but in a realistic sim, shouldn't the wall be
experiencing a constant pressure from the box ?

   I guess the ode devs decided to leave re-enabling of dBodys in the
ode users hands. Maybe to point out the situation to those new to ODE, a
line or two could be added to the ode docs, mentioning that a force
applied to an auto-disabled dBody, will not have effect.