[ODE] Returning to a previous state?

Andrew Arcilla andrew at lookaheaddecisions.com
Wed Mar 1 17:41:19 MST 2006

Hello,

Is it possible to revert ODE to some previous state S after having already
stepped the system forward in time to some different state S'?  I assume
this would be possible by saving a bunch of information from state S and
then just setting that information later on, but maybe I'm wrong?  Is there
something inherent to ODE that would prevent this from succeeding, or can it
be done?  If so, what values would I need to save from state S?

Rigid Bodies: positions, velocities, quaternions, anything else?

Joints: angles, anything else?

World: anything?

Spaces: anything?

Has anyone needed to do this before?  Your help would be greatly
appreciated.  Maybe there is a different method available?

Regards,

Andrew