[ODE] some quick notes on 0.6...

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 11:31:03 MST 2006

On 6/22/06, Rodrigo Hernandez <kwizatz at aeongames.com> wrote:
> Which brings me to a point I wanted to present for a while.
> I think we should standarize the function names so that there is a
> single library with single and double precision calls, much
> like OpenGL "f" and "d" suffixes, just throwing the idea into the air here.

Gah I really need to get back to work but you keep making good posts.
I have had this thought as well. Then people could swap out the
library without breaking compatibility with the API. I work in .NET
myself, and this would really be a big help.

> As for 1.0, I dont see it as just a label, I think once 1.0 is reached,
> the library would be a full feature library with a stable, standarized
> API, 1.1 being backward compatible with it and so on, this is just my
> opinion though.

I agree with both points, in a sense. I think 1.0 is a very motivating
target, but it is also a moving target. Eventually someone is going to
start a conversation about making ODE run across multiple cores (oops!
;)

Jason