[ODE] Tri-mesh problem with collisions

Christian Flodihn flodis at spray.se
Wed Jun 21 18:06:53 MST 2006

I use the 3ds format as well and I noticed that the 3ds format swapped y and z planes compared to Opengl (and probably DirectX). So when read the vectors and faces I'll just did something like this:

opengl_vectors = []
for vector in file.vectors:
   (x, z, y) = vector
    opengl_vectors.append((x, y, z))

I am using ode 0.5 and I have come to realize that trimeshes work very poorly.
Trimeshes that have lengths smaller than about 1.0 doesn't collision detect at all.

Hope that helps

//Christian Flodihn