[ODE] Versioning system. Was: No Rotation Joint

Terry L. Triplett c0d3g33k at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 09:49:42 MST 2006

Depends on how the naming conventions for versioning are supposed to work
moving forward, now that the pace is picking up.  Not sure I remember seeing
this discussed since I joined the list - sorry if I'm revisiting a topic
already discussed.

What would trigger incrementing of the major/minor revision numbers and what
scheme is being followed?

Do bug fixes against the current 0.6 go into something like 0.6.1,
while 0.7implies new functionality (or some sort of target/milestone)?
 Or is
0.7 just the next release and can include fixes since the 0.6 relase and
anything else that's gone into the trunk since (barring some major change in
functionality)?