[ODE] Degree of liberty of Slider joint

Remi Ricard remi.ricard at simlog.com
Tue Jun 13 12:39:25 MST 2006

Hi,

I was looking at Slider Joint on the wiki page :
http://opende.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Manual_%28Joint_Types_and_Functions%29#Slider

and was thinking "Hey this joint can rotate around the sliding axis".

Then I looked at code in joint.cpp and there is 5 constraints or 6 if
fmax exists so the rotation around the sliding axis is not possible.

So my questions are:

Is this true ?

If this is true maybe the figure in the wiki should have a rectangular
shaft to explicitly state that there is no rotation around the sliding
axis ?

Do you know if someone implemented a Slider which has no constraint on
rotation ?

Remi