[ODE] Trimesh collision problem

Justin Couch justin at vlc.com.au
Mon Jun 12 09:38:52 MST 2006

Jason Perkins wrote:

> I'd be curious to hear if anyone has come up with a workaround for
> this problem, maybe I can write it up on the wiki.

The way we do this in other 3D systems is to intersect a ray with the
geometry. The ray goes between the point last frame and the point this
frame to see if there was an intersection. In the case of the sphere,
the two end points are the center. If there is, you can then modify the
results accordingly. In the ODE case, I would imagine you could create
your own contact joint at the point of intersection of the line and
trimesh.

--
Justin Couch                         http://www.vlc.com.au/~justin/
Java Architect & Bit Twiddler              http://www.yumetech.com/