[ODE] Problem building ode 0.6 on my OS X setup

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Fri Jun 9 13:17:43 MST 2006

Ryan Gardner wrote:
> I hope this is just a problem that is unique to my system - but I
> updated to the latest svn version and ode no longer builds.
>
> The specific error I am getting is in compiling dstest:
>
> Making all in dstest
> g++  -g   -o dstest -L../../drawstuff/src dstest-dstest.o -
> ldrawstuff  -framework OpenGL -framework Carbon -framework AGL  -lstdc
> ++ -lm -lpthread  -lstdc++ -lm -lpthread
> /usr/bin/ld: warning suggest use of -bind_at_load, as lazy binding
> may result in errors or different symbols being used
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _dsDrawCapsule

I don't know the warning.

But maybe the leading '_' may be the cause? I'm not sure.
dstest.o will be using the symbol, and libdrawstuff.a should be
providing it.

On my system, I see:

stolk at suske:/tmp/ode-0.6/drawstuff$ nm -gC src/libdrawstuff.a | grep DrawCap
00002764 T dsDrawCapsule
00002800 T dsDrawCapsuleD
stolk at suske:/tmp/ode-0.6/drawstuff$ nm -gC dstest/dstest-dstest.o | grep DrawCap
          U dsDrawCapsule

You should get similar output from nm on your system.

   Bram