[ODE] solving penetrations "statically"

Dirk Gregorius dirk at dirkgregorius.de
Wed Jun 7 10:39:39 MST 2006

Erin Catto wrote:

>>The first set includes the position correction while the second
>>set does not. Apply the first set to generate non-persistant velocities that
><are simply used to update the positions.

Do you mean that the first set includes position correction *and* relative
velocites and the second set only inludes relative velocites or do mean that
the first set includes *only* position corrections and the second set *only*
relative velocities. In formulas:

J*W*JT * lambda1 = ERP * C(x,q) * / dt - JT * v
J*W*JT * lambda2 = -JT * v

or

J*W*JT * lambda1 = ERP * C(x,q) * / dt
J*W*JT * lambda2 = -JT * v

I used thte second example it this worked fine for me. I wonder if this
was incorrect and if so - why?

-Dirk